The Best Essential Oils for Yoga & Meditation!
Are you a yoga or meditation lover? Using essential oils and aromatherapy is a great way to enhance your yoga and meditation practice and create a calming, grounding space.
If you’re looking for the best essential oils for yoga and meditation, keep reading as we share our top tips on how to incorporate aromatherapy into your mindfulness routine below – from massage to room sprays, eye pillows and more.
What are the best essential oils for yoga and meditation?
When it comes to yoga and meditation, you’ll want to choose essential oils that have calming, balancing and uplifting properties. The following essential oils are some of our top picks:
- Lavender oil. This calming oil helps to reduce stress and tension, while encouraging our bodies to relax.
- Sandalwood oil. This beautiful oil has a woody, sweet scent. It’s often used for meditation to encourage focus, balance and clarity.
- Lemon oil. Citrus oils like lemon, lime and orange are perfect for early morning yoga and meditation sessions. These uplifting oils help to stimulate the senses and invigorate the body.
- Cypress oil. Cypress oil is another popular choice for yoga and meditation, being thought to increase blood flow and encourage positive emotions.
- Peppermint oil. The fresh scent of peppermint is the perfect pick-me-up on days when you may be feeling slow or sluggish.
- Chamomile oil. This soothing oil can help your mind and body relax and unwind after a busy day, making it ideal for yoga and meditation sessions in the afternoon or evening.
How to use essential oils for yoga and meditation
There are a few different ways to incorporate essential oils into your yoga and meditation rituals, depending on your needs. Experiment with some of these natural remedies below:
- Diffusing. An essential oil diffuser is an easy, convenient way to experience the benefits of aromatherapy during yoga and meditation. Simply place a diffuser in your yoga and meditation space, and choose your favourite oil (or a combination of oils!) to suit your mood and energy levels.
- Room spray. For yoga and meditation on-the-go, create a DIY room spray that can travel in your handbag. Simply fill a clean spray bottle with distilled or filtered water, then add 10-20 drops of your chosen essential oils.
Massage. Massaging essential oils into the soles of your feet, neck and wrists is a beautiful way to start your yoga or meditation practice. Simply dilute your chosen oils with a carrier oil like coconut oil or almond oil, and massage gently into the body.
- Eye pillow. Add a few drops of your favourite essential oils to an eye mask or eye pillow, and use it during meditation or savasana at the end of your yoga session.